That’s a quote of Peter Bernstein. I agree that we can’t predict the future, but we can create it.
Took the week off from Christmas until New Year. One of the rare holiday weeks this year. That’s what you get when you love your life.
Did everything go as planned? Of course not. Nothing ever does, so stop complaining and start working harder! Had major setbacks but also achieved a lot more than expected. Who would have thought exactly one year ago, we would have achieved so much??? So in the end 2011 was a smashing year.
As always, I share my short-term vows with everybody who wants to know. Inch by inch remember?
- Welcome a new member in the family on January 18th. Nope, Inge can’t be pregnant.
- Start playing golf again with Inge.
- Inform the Belgians that Special Olympics Summer Games 2014 are coming to Belgium and create a fabulous team of people who want to help me.
- Aim for +1.000 teams participating at a Hercules Trophy in the UAE, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, USA and South-Africa.
- Look for at least 4 new Hercules Trophy locations for 2014/2015/2016 so we can reach +5.000 teams per year. Singapore! New states in the USA! India? Australia? Canada? Abu Dhabi? Qatar? Sao Paolo?
- Support the Herculix Foundation with an eBook written by Inge and myself and collect lots of funding for all the good causes of Hercules Trophy.
My general gut feeling about 2012 tells me most people will now experience what we’ve experienced in the past 3 years: mayor uncertainty and chaos. It’s a challenge guys, but we’ve got great news for you: if it doesn’t kill you, it will make you stronger (Nietzsche).
No winner believes in luck (again Nietzsche), or do you think Messi is all about luck? In any fight, it’s the guy who’s willing to die, who’s gonna win that inch. Are you willing to fight and die for that inch? I am. Because that’s what’s living is.