Nice post on Harvard Business Review linked with The Happiness Advantage (people who start off happy are more likely to succeed; people who start off unhappy are more likely to fail). Reminder to self: ask Santa Claus to deliver me that book.
Bottom line on how to turn a bad day around:
- Think of three things that you’re grateful for
- Consider what you’ve already accomplished even if it’s minor
- Reflect on what triggers your bad days and which tactics help to turn them around
- Believe that you are a victim of your circumstances—you choose whether to be negative or positive
- Hunker down at your desk—change scenery and take a few deep breaths
- Set unrealistic expectations for your day
Have a Herculean weekend!