If you didn’t hear about our major announcement, you must be living on another planet 🙂 On January 13th, an important milestone was achieved: Glen De Boeck becomes Managing Director of the Herculean coop. We were all over the news and reactions from the business and from the sport world were overwhelmingly positive.
Time to start giving some business background!
4.5 years ago, Inge and me had a crazy dream to take Hercules Trophy global. We quit our corporate jobs and we worked hard, very hard to conquer a lot more than 12 Herculean obstacles. We focused on creating “a solid basis for growth” the first 3 years and then started “expanding the management team” in the next 2 years. Glen is a massive step in that process.
The journey was amazing, we met brilliant people all over the world, we aged at the speed of light, got to know each other extremely well, started building a break-through team, opened offices in Dubai and New York, shared a lot of tears and laughter, learned and innovated constantly, welcomed investors on board of the cooperative holding, started Hercules Academy and Hercules Projects, installed a board of advice etc
For Inge and me it was a very emotional day, as you can imagine. Compare it with that feeling when you bring your child to his first day at school. You know you are doing the right thing and you realise it’s now up to a lot of other people to make your baby grow.
Why this move?
- Because we needed a real “team professional” to run the day-to-day business while Inge and me:
- Focus on growth outside Belgium (Middle East, Europe and USA)
- Focus on growing the cooperative holding structure with the right corporate governance and the right investors.
- Guard the Herculean values, concept and platform and drive innovation
- Inspire and help the management team to grow the business in our homemarket even further (we’ll probably grow with double digits again this year)
- Because Inge and me strongly believe in Glen as a leader and teamplayer with Herculean values. Everything he learned during his professional soccer career as a player, as a captain and as a coach is valuable for Herculean and we believe that Herculean can bring Glen what he’s looking for: an international challenge in a positive atmosphere.
We can’t wait to see our baby grow in the next 5 years! May the force be with Glen and the management team!
For the Belgians amongst us, here are some of the links that mention him: